Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transparent And Blured Window Title Bars ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent And Blured Window Title Bars ?

Hi,

I am running current Kubuntu 14.04 LTS 64Bit fully updated
    on a desktop with an nVidia GeForce GTS 450 1GB GDDR5 card and nVidia proprietary drivers.

I am trying to make just Kubuntu window title bars transparent and blurred like Windows 7 "Aero".
    I've done quite a bit of research on the Internet using Google but have not found a solution.
    I know it's possible to do the above because the system's bottom panel has such an effect using "Oxygen" desktop theme.

How can I make Kubuntu 14.04 LTS 64Bit window title bars transparent and blurred?
    Thanks in advance!

Jesse
    Last edited by JeZ-l-Lee; Jul 13, 2014, 01:05 PM. Reason: Added [SOLVED] To Title

In KDE Plasma Desktop, the desktop theme (plasma) is separate from the window decoration.

Go to System Settings >> Workspace Appearance >> Window Decoration. If you click the Get New Decorations, you can find a number of transparent, blurred, and Aero inspired window decorations. There are likely even more available on kde-look.org, but may take manual installation.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      In KDE Plasma Desktop, the desktop theme (plasma) is separate from the window decoration.

Go to System Settings >> Workspace Appearance >> Window Decoration. If you click the Get New Decorations, you can find a number of transparent, blurred, and Aero inspired window decorations. There are likely even more available on kde-look.org, but may take manual installation.
      Hi,

Yes! that was what I was looking for.
      "Transparent-Oxygen" does what I want.

Thank you!

Jesse

Comment

Working...
      X