This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail to install Steam

I reinstalled my Kubuntu 14.04 today, everything in working nice and well. But I cannot install Steam!
    This is the error I get:

Code:
    You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run:
    libpangoft2-1.0.so.0
    libpango-1.0.so.0
    libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
    libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
    libbz2.so.1.0
    I tried to install 32-bit libraries, but it will not work

Code:
    per@per-kubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
    [sudo] password for per: 
    Leser pakkelister ... Ferdig
    Skaper oversikt over avhengighetsforhold       
    Leser tilstandsinformasjon ... Ferdig   
    Pakka «ia32-libs» er ikke tilgjengelig, men en annen pakke henviser til den.
    Dette kan bety at pakka mangler, er utgått, eller bare finnes 
    tilgjengelig fra en annen kilde.
    Følgende pakker erstatter den imidlertid:
      lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0

E: Pakka «ia32-libs» har ingen installasjonskandidat
    I start Steam in terminal:
    Code:
    per@per-kubuntu:~$ steam
    Running Steam on ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
    STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
    Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1404163764_client)
    Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1404163764_client)
    [0710/162917:WARNING:proxy_service.cc(958)] PAC support disabled because there is no system implementation
    /home/buildbot/buildslave_steam/steam_rel_client_ubuntu12_linux/build/src/steamUI/../common/steam/client_api.cpp (304) : Assertion Failed: ClientAPI_InitGlobalInstance: InternalAPI_Init_Internal failed, most likely because you are missing a 32-bit dependency of steamclient.so (the Steam client is a 32-bit app).

Assert( Assertion Failed: ClientAPI_InitGlobalInstance: InternalAPI_Init_Internal failed, most likely because you are missing a 32-bit dependency of steamclient.so (the Steam client is a 32-bit app).
     ):/home/buildbot/buildslave_steam/steam_rel_client_ubuntu12_linux/build/src/steamUI/../common/steam/client_api.cpp:304

Uploading dump (out-of-process) [proxy '']
    /tmp/dumps/assert_20140710162917_5.dmp
    /home/buildbot/buildslave_steam/steam_rel_client_ubuntu12_linux/build/src/steamUI/SteamStartup.cpp (744) : Assertion Failed: ! "There was a problem with your Steam installation.\n" "Please reinstall steam.\n"
    [2014-07-10 16:29:16] Startup - updater built Jun 30 2014 13:21:24
    [2014-07-10 16:29:16] Verifying installation...
    [2014-07-10 16:29:16] Verification complete
    [2014-07-10 16:29:17] Shutdown
    Finished uploading minidump (out-of-process): success = yes
    response: CrashID=bp-4f825708-fc69-4b62-9325-b35732140710

I tried different solution, but nothing works!
    Last edited by pider; Jul 15, 2014, 07:00 AM. Reason: solved
    sigpic
    Pider
    Kubuntu 16.10
    Multicom Talisa

ia32-libs is no longer provided. Did you try: sudo apt-get -f install or sudo apt-get install -f because that should fix any broken dependencies.

Comment

I found the solution, I did not know that I should delete this file!

Code:
      rm -rf ~/.local/share/Steam
      sigpic
      Pider
      Kubuntu 16.10
      Multicom Talisa

Comment

Glad you got it solved. (would you please mark the thread solved so others who may have the same problem can find your solution? Thanks!)
        The native Linux version of Steam installed beautifully on my Kubuntu Trusty laptop, and both Castle Story and Portal run lightening fast! My grandson and I enjoyed playing Castle Story in the multiuser mode (the server running on my laptop and him logging in from his home). He blew up my crystal on his first shot. I beat him to the first shot but my barrel didn't have any orange crystals in it. I was hoping that the barrel alone would be enough.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X