Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox misbehaving after today's update.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox misbehaving after today's update.

Prior to today's update I had no problem in opening a msg box here on this forum, and pasting in a piece of text from another tab opened on another website. Now, neither the mouse "paste" option nor the Ctrl-V option pastes the captured text, even though the mouse option highlights "Paste" in the right mouse menu, indicating there is text in the buffer ready to be pasted.

I can, however, paste into Kate, reselect and copy the text, then paste it into a message box on this forum. And, copying and pasting between tabs on G+ or other websites still works.

I could see nothing in the 39 packages updated this morning that would seem to relate to firefox. The previous firefox update was last Tuesday, the 18th, and FF has worked fine since then, until after the update this morning.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

As mentioned in another posting I'm experiencing problems with the hotkeys, could this be related?

Comment

This is a test after this morning's update....
      A CHINESE SATELLITE has spotted a large object along a broad stretch of ocean where officials hope to find a Malaysia Airlines plane that has been missing for more than two weeks, Malaysia's defense minister says.
      mmm... the issue seems fixed. The update this morning did not require a reboot and my last reboot was two days ago, following a kernel and KDE update. But, I don't see anything in the updates which appears to be related to this issue. Since it was only on this forum I thought it might be forum related because of the recent security updates.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X