Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after installing chromium-codecs-ffmpeg and launching Chromium from KDE Menu, it lasted 'longer' but still ended up terminating.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Below is an example of the glitches the mesa 10.1.0-rc3 package gives.
      Attached Files
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I solved my problem. When the mesa 10.1.0-rc1 update (followed by the rc3 update) came down its install process took out the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file I had created which contained:
        Code:
        Section "Device"
           Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
           Driver      "intel"
           Option      "AccelMethod"  "uxa"
        EndSection
        The "uxa" part replaced the default "sna" installation setting. It turns out that while "sna" makes my video somewhat faster it also makes it slightly unstable. Restoring the "uxa" restored my stability. I am still gettting a vsync'd 60fps in all the 3D graphics apps I am running.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 10, 2014, 04:31 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          The browser does not exhibit the unwanted termination. However, the following error (?) is given in the console:

sh: 1: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer: not found

This unwanted termination does not occur on my 32-bit Trusty Tahr laptop (also using KDE 4.12.3) when launched from the K Menu, nor does it show the error (?) when executed from the CLI.

I can probably fix this if I can identify the file containing the reference/pointer to /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer. Any ideas of where to look?
          Possibly of interest: http://askubuntu.com/questions/10544...e-process-list

Comment

After the updates today, chromium is now exhibiting the same sudden termination on my 32-bit 14.04. Running Firefox on both laptops now.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X