Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muon updater failed this morning with an abend of ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon updater failed this morning with an abend of ...

file:///var/lib/dpkg/info/kubuntu-settings-desktop.postinst

The error msg said that there was an unexpected eof (end of file) and the interpreter was expecting to find a "}".
    Just edit the file as root and insert the right brace just before the "exit (o)" line and save.
    Then run
    sudoe apt-get -f install
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

OK, I see this was posted in the 14.04 topic (duh!)

[edit]
    Which version are you using?
    I find no "exit(o)" in my file under Kubuntu 13.04
    [edit]

And

What is "sudoe", I've not seen that command before. I assume it is an extension of "sudo"?
    Last edited by TWPonKubuntu; Jan 31, 2014, 11:36 AM. Reason: dumbness
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
      ....What is "sudoe", I've not seen that command before. I assume it is an extension of "sudo"?
      Ya, it's a little know version of sudo that takes the "--typo" switch.

Here's the tail of my file:
      Code:
          *)
              echo "$0 called with unknown argument \`$1'" 1>&2
              exit 1
              ;;
      esac
      }
      exit 0
      And it looks like I let my memory of C++ influence my memory of the exit comand in a bash script.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Jan 31, 2014, 02:01 PM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        Ya, it's a little know version of sudo that takes the "--typo" switch.
        Ah, now I remember it... I've used it myself (fumble fingers, even worse eyesight...).

I've not yet succeeded in getting 14.04 Alpha to install on my system.
        I can run 14.04 from the "live" CD but the actual install fails with a complaint about my harddrive.
        Of course I can re-install 13.04 with no problem. Still debugging this...
        Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
          Ah, now I remember it... I've used it myself (fumble fingers, even worse eyesight...).

I've not yet succeeded in getting 14.04 Alpha to install on my system.
          I can run 14.04 from the "live" CD but the actual install fails with a complaint about my harddrive.
          Of course I can re-install 13.04 with no problem. Still debugging this...
          Ubiquity (the installer) freaks out about multiple hard drives and many partitions. You might want to do a sacrificial install of 13.04 and update your way to 14.04 to avoid the Ubiquity problem.

Please Read Me

Comment

I'll try another machine first, rather than risk my /home data partition. 14.04 is still alpha, so I'm not in any hurry to use it for day-to-day.

Comment

Working...
            X