This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen lock up problem

Everthing with Kubuntu 14.04 and the latest updates (as of last night) is working great except for when I am running FireFox. It could be FireFox or perhaps the Network Manager and my wireless connection.
    The first sympton is that when typing into a text region the typed letters get slower and slower to appear. Yestersay, I had my Minecraft 1.7.2 server running, and and KMail and FireFox open at the same time. The slowness reached a point where clicking on anything wouldn't work. Even the keyboard intterupts. Then, the screen turned black, stayed that way for 10 or 15 seconds, and then my Acer rebooted.

I couldn't find anything about the abend in the logs during the time of the event.

What really concerned me was the screen slowdown and lockup. I went to the advanced tab in Systemsettings-->Desktop and noticed that it was set for GL2 and xraster. I changed it to GL3.0 and Qt Native. Minecraft no long would have brief instances of lockup and was significantly faster. Time will tell if this change fixes the problem.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.
Working...
X