This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akregator memory leak

For some experiment I needed bits of PIM and Akregator came along as a dependency.
    So I started to use it, normally I get my RSS feeds through Firefox.

And I like the layout and navigation.

Now I also noticed this computer slowing down, at first I didn't realy look for a reason but last night I found out I was using 98% of 8GB of RAM...
    &GB were in use by Akregator.
    So I shot it down but not until after I noticed it was classified as 'heap', not much help there...

Today I started it up again and all was fine until I tried to open links from Linux.com to Phoronix.
    This goes through an intermediate page on Linux.com and after a few seconds it will fail just showing GIF86a<.
    When I'm quick enough to catch the link to Phoronix proper this will show up.

What is interesting is this uses RAM (Duh) but closing the page does not release it.
    Any other website or blog works fine, it's just this (combination) of Linux.com and Phoronix pages that's leaking.

Can anyone confirm either or is it just this/my system?

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
    ...Today I started it up again and all was fine until I tried to open links from Linux.com to Phoronix.
    This goes through an intermediate page on Linux.com and after a few seconds it will fail just showing GIF86a<.

What is interesting is this uses RAM (Duh) but closing the page does not release it.
    Any other website or blog works fine, it's just this (combination) of Linux.com and Phoronix pages that's leaking.

I use Akregator daily and I've seen feeds from Linux.com that then point to Phoronix. I have not experienced issues as you have. Using Chrome as the browser BTW.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I still have to investigate on another Kubuntu computer, at the moment I'm on Netrunner with KDE 4.10.3 and there are no problems.

Now there are other problems with Dolphin, at vearious times it puts folder icons in the left toolbar, they lead to nothing, just a row of 20, 30 or even 100 blue folder icons...
      Seems my main system is sick

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
        Today I started it up again and all was fine until I tried to open links from Linux.com to Phoronix.

well I took a look at Akregator last night in my 13.10 install ,,,,,, and ,,,,,,I get that "GIF86a<| when I click on any feed at all ,,,,,,,,so I did not have it open long enough to check for the mem leak ,,,,, but it sure dose not work right.

12.10 it works just fine.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

In the mean time I've tried a drastic solution by renaming ~/.kde, this solved the problems with Dolphin but Akregator is still eating memory.

I also tried Akregator on a different computer with Kubuntu 13.10 and it has the same memory problem.

Comment

Working...
          X