This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird update breaks Lightning again

The Thunderbird update (for 13.10) that just came out broke the Lightning calendar extension again. This also happened a couple months ago. I'm not sure why but it seems Thunderbird pushes out changes and then Lightning developers have to adjust. This also seems to only be happening with Thunderbird/Lightning on Linux. I could switch to using Kontact/Kmail, I guess, but I really like Thunderbird/Lightning more. But that will have to change if this keeps happening. So my question is, until these issues are resolved, is it possible that Kubuntu could just hold off on pushing out Thunderbird updates until everything, including Lightning, works?

Hmm, I run Thunderbird 24.1.1 with Lightning 2.6.3 and have not seen problems...

Comment

After another set of updates and a restart for the kernel upgrade that was included, it's working again. I did search online and found a bug report about it in October, when it happened before (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=925823 ... It was described then as a Linux-only problem, and it acted the same way this time. Anyway, like I said, it's fixed now. Still, though, I might just move to something else as a calendar.

Comment

Working...
      X