This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akonadi - Google Calendar Issue

I've been trying out Kontact in 12.04 & 13.10 after being a long time Thunderbird user.
    Everything was going fine, until I realized my Kontact Calendar had stopped syncing with google.
    I opened up "Akonadi Configuration" clicked on my "google calendar & tasks" tab then clicked modify. I was greeted with the message,
    "Requested resource is forbidden. Google replied 'Daily Limit Exceeded'"
    Anyone else had this issue or know what the answer is.
    All still works and is syncing in Thunderbird.

Hi,
    I have not seen this personally but the first thing that popped into my somewhat enfeebled brain was how many e-mails was it trying to sync.

I found this with a google search:

Wednesday 27 of November 2013 00:25:27

there are several quotas on Google API. First of them is number of requests
    per user per second, this is currently set to 5. Then there's second quota
    which is total number of requests per day, which is set to 200k. It should
    work again next day.
    [/quote]

http://osdir.com/ml/kde-pim-users/2013-11/msg00065.html

woodtherearenotmanypostsaboutthissmoke

Comment

Hi Woodsmoke, Thanks for your reply.
      You are correct, judging by the message I am hitting some limit or quota, I googled around & found others with the same issue.
      The next morning it worked fine, by the evening blocked again. Emails & Contacts are fine, it is only the Calendar which is affected, & only in Kontact not in Thunderbird, at the moment all is well, but as soon as I start adding 3 or 4 events to my Calendar I hit the issue again. I will have to investigate further.

Comment

change size of cache / tmp ?

which, although on your local machine might change interaction with Google?

where it would particularly be I dunno but... possibility.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
          Everything was going fine, until I realized my Kontact Calendar had stopped syncing with google.
          Check the properties of your calendar. How often are you syncing? Each sync counts against your daily API call limit.

Comment

Hi Steve,

At the risk of sounding ignorant, where are Korganizers Properties?

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
              At the risk of sounding ignorant, where are Korganizers Properties?
              Here:

Comment

My setup must be different to yours. I added my calendar by going into akonadi configuration clicking the add button & simply adding "Google Calendar & Tasks".
                When i follow your steps above & go into calendar properties, the box that comes up is different with no "refresh every xx minutes" option.

Comment

Screenshots would help.

Comment

Hi Steve,

When I click on calendar properties this is what I get:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	640559

Comment

Hm, fewer things to configure than with a CalDAV resource.

If you right-click the calendar itself ("wayne stark") rather than the folder whose name is your email address, do you see a fly-out menu with Properties, which then allows you to get to a dialog like this:

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post

If you right-click the calendar itself ("wayne stark") rather than the folder whose name is your email address, do you see a fly-out menu with Properties, which then allows you to get to a dialog like this:

Yes.. Its set up the same as yours.
                        Do you think changing the "Automatically synchronize after" to say 60 minutes might resolve the issue?

Comment

In my setup, the 60-minute refresh is configured on the object called RileyZ; the child object Steve Riley calendar inherits the setting from its parent.

I think you should change this, but let's look at one more location. If you right-click on the parent object (your email address), can you choose Folder Properties and navigate to the Retrieval tab like this:

If so, try changing the value to 120 minutes. Let's see if this reduces the number of times Akonadi uses Google's APIs. I'd also recommend changing this for your contacts, if you're syncing those from Gmail.

Comment

OK. Most of my retrieval options where set to 10 minutes. I have changed all of them to 30 minutes. If my computer is on all day, by 6pm my Calender will stop syncing. I will see by tomorrow night if changing the syncing interval has solved my problems & post back.
                            Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

This has been an EXTREMELY interesting and useful thread, if it works I, personally, would recommend that a mod sticky it.

just a thought.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
                              X