This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pin to top?

For years in Windows I've used a utility named “FileBoxExtender.” It let you add favorites to any open dialogue box. However, its other feature is it adds a pin button to dialogue boxes and really almost any program. If you click on the pin button, whatever app that's from gets pinned to the top. It doesn't minimize when you click on other things. I've used this frequently if I'm taking notes in Notepad that I intend to use in another program.

It would be really nice to be able to pin Kate to the top. As is the case with Notepad, I use Kate to take notes if I'm writing something. This is particularly useful if I'm writing in a foreign language. I look up the new words I need and then keep them waiting in a Kate file while I write in LO Writer. It would be great to be able to click on a “pin to top” button in Kate so that my list is always there. Is there some way to do this?
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

if your trying to keep kate on top of all windows .........right click the title bar>"more actions">click keep above others.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

That works! And no plug-in required. Thanx for the info. God, I love Linux.
      Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
      ================================

Comment

Working...
      X