This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Chrome [Chromium]

Does anyone know where I can get a KDE specific version of Google Chrome (Cromium)? The reason I'm wondering is because the version I'm using now:

Version 29.0.1547.65 Ubuntu 13.10 (29.0.1547.65-0ubuntu2)

Appears to be more specific to Ubuntu and the Gnome / Unity interface which has some very ugly looking menus (no offense to the Ubunutu lovers out there! But this is the Kubuntu forum!).

Anyway, I have several other apps that I use on a daily basis that have these ugly menus and I'm just looking for ways to clean them up and make them look KDE nice. Thought I'd start with the browser. I don't really want to switch to Konqueror but it does have nice looking menus.

I don't know about Chromium (or spy ware Chrome) but it's often possible to at least get more palpable icons via the gtk options in System Settings.
    Chrome is probably not popular enough to get a coder working on a KDE interface like Blue Systems makes for Firefox.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this earlier but Iron is you best defense. http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

If you are worried about "THEM" spying using the browser this one seems the best.

Comment

Working...
      X