This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mount Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 GT-P5100

Cannot mount my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 GT-P5100 (Android 4.1.2) on Kubuntu 13.10(64). It is the first time I try to mount. I installed go-mtpfs and I tried gMTP too, but it fails.
    This is the output for go-mtpfs

Code:
    per@per-Kubuntu:~$ go-mtpfs /media/MyAndroid
    2013/10/24 09:54:48 compiled against libmtp 1.1.5
    Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung Galaxy models (MTP).
    2013/10/24 09:54:48 found device Samsung: Galaxy models (MTP) (04e8:6860) @ bus 2, dev 14
    : 
    ignoring libusb_claim_interface() = -6PTP_ERROR_IO: failed to open session, trying again after resetting USB interface
    LIBMTP libusb: Attempt to reset device
    outep: usb_get_endpoint_status(): No such device
    usb_clear_halt() on IN endpoint: No such device
    usb_clear_halt() on OUT endpoint: No such device
    usb_clear_halt() on INTERRUPT endpoint: No such device
    libusb_open() failed!: No such device
    LIBMTP PANIC: Could not init USB on second attempt
    2013/10/24 09:54:48 rdev.open failed: open: open returned nil
    This should bee in hardware support maybee?
    But Now I have installed go-mtpfs again and I get this error:

Code:
    root@per-Kubuntu:~# 2013/10/24 10:49:41 OpenSession failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO; attempting reset
    2013/10/24 10:49:42 Configure failed: opening after reset: LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE
    Last edited by pider; Oct 24, 2013, 02:55 AM.
    sigpic
    Pider
    Kubuntu 16.10
    Multicom Talisa

At here...

How it should work / working at here with the Kubuntu 13.04...

Plug in
    The Device Notifier is notifying
    The file manager is showing the tablet/card/directories/files...

With the Kubuntu 13.10 - it is not working... Unexpected death

libmtp bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libmtp/

A recent: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...p/+bug/1210994
    My Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300) running Android 2.3.6 can't be detected by mtp in Ubuntu 13.10.
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

On 13.04, I would have to plug the phone in and on the phone, in the notification bar, click the USB connection notification. That gave me options on how to connect. I would dance from MTP to PTP and back to MTP and dolphin would show me the card/phone option. For me, this was fixed in 13.10.
      I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Install the KIO-MTP, logout and in and you should be sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
          Install the KIO-MTP, logout and in and you should be sorted.
          Oath, that might work... I tried kio-mtp back on precise and quantal, and it always crashed. Just tried it now on raring and presto, it worked. Hard to distinguish between the options:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot13.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	640506
          The first gives the camera protocol, upload from the phone only, the other uses MTP.

However, because the MTP approach didn't work, someone suggested AirDroid, from the Play store, which is brilliant. (MTP was invented by Microsoft and has some broken design). AirDroid turns your phone into a HTTP server, access lots of it using a browser, no cables required if you have wireless. F.ex., type texts on your keyboard.

Regards, John Little
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
            Oath, that might work... I tried kio-mtp back on precise and quantal, and it always crashed.
            I always avoid using the device manager to access the KIO-MTP. I much prefer plugging it in, then opening Dolphin and just clicking the Icon in the panel. Sometimes I have to click out of out and then back on the icon to get it to work but that is only with some devices. MTP is not a unified system therefore some vendors have better implementations. Samsung has a particularly poor implementation whereas stock android / Cyanogen Mod have good implementations.
            Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 26, 2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Ach, just upgraded to Saucy and kio-mtp crashes again.
              Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
              I always avoid using the device manager to access the KIO-MTP. much prefer plugging it in, then opening Dolphin...
              Dolphin says "The process for mtp protocol died unexpectedly."

MTP is not a unified system therefore some vendors have better implementations. Samsung has a particularly poor implementation whereas stock android / Cyanogen Mod have good implementations.
              A nudge toward Cyanogenmod...

However, jmtpfs (makes a fuser mount using libmtp) works some of the time, more than it did in Precise or Quantal. However, it's flaky, and has crashed dolphin. Just used it with the command line (cp -r) to copy some clockworkmod backups onto my desktop, 7.9 GiB worth. Would have been easier with AirDroid I suppose.

Regards, John Little
              Regards, John Little

Comment

Bug 314681 - Trying to browse Galaxy SIII leads to error : https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314681

A workaround - don't use the notifier - may or may not work:
                Philipp Schmidt 2013-03-21 18:01:22 UTC
                Ok, the Problem seems to be that the slave is started once and checks the device, finds it and opens it. Then another slave is started while the device was not closed. As the S3 doesn't like this and also doesn't allows its interface to be reset the slave times out. FYI the Nexus devices handle these events much more gracefully, which is why you won't run into problems there.

The problem doesn't exist if you open the device from the Dolphin sidebar, only from the device notifier.

Philipp Schmidt 2013-04-29 13:10:57 UTC
                Sorry to have to dissapoint you: This bug will be fixed in a future version of kio-mtp. However quite some groundwork needs to be done beforehand.

Short explanation why this is happening and a small workaround: Samsungs MTP stack is quite buggy. That includes the error that it can't recover when a second connection is opened to the device while it still has an open one. But that is what happens when you for example open the device from the device notifier due to the inherent design of the KIO stack. Nexus devices are unaffected, as they are programmed to be much more resilient. What you can do is simply NOT open it from the device notifier but instead directly from dolphin. That is how I get my S3 to work.

What will be done to circumvent this in the future? Well, I will push efforts to create a daemon that acts similarly to what Windows does, e.g. opens one connection to which all applications then share. But that might take a while as it is a project where we will need to get a lot more people on board.

Maxim Yegorushkin 2013-04-29 13:17:18 UTC
                Thanks for the update Philipp. The workaround you sometimes works.

Dima Ryazanov 2013-10-14 09:40:21 UTC
                I'm getting similar errors with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. It works for a little bit, then mtp crashes. I was hoping it would work since it's a "Nexus", and doesn't come with any of Samsung's software...

Philipp Schmidt 2013-10-20 18:11:36 UTC
                I had those too from time to time. Still haven't had time to check if its the same error. But if it is: Same things apply. Can't fix now
                Last edited by Rog132; Nov 23, 2013, 04:09 AM.
                A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
                Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Working...
                X