X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop suspends immediately again after resume

Hi,
    Installed 13.10 yesterday.Vanilla installation, fast new and shiny, However, resume is quirky. When I resume from suspend (either by opening the lid or pressing the power button), the screen and keyboard lights come on and immediately the machine goes into suspend again. I need to then press the power button again and it resumes, but often the kdeinit daemon will crash, I get a warning about the battery being critical... it is unstable for like 10 seconds and after that all is normal again.

This worked great on the same machine with 12.04 and 12.10 so it looks to be some config issue but I'm stumped...

EDIT
    Another thing: I cannot seem to configure the buttons. I configure the power button to do nothing and yet it shuts down the machine when I press it. Some severe power management issues in Kubuntu so it seems
    Last edited by Xinixs; Dec 14, 2013, 04:53 AM. Reason: added info

Mine has been doing that as well, but I've noticed it only does it after the first suspend following a restart. Not a helpful answer, I know, but I'm still looking for a solution as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, let's see if someone comes along. Darn, I've been running Linux for years and really got my hands dirty to make things work 6 or 7 years ago. But I'm past that now. Do I need to go into PM config scripts again in 2013?

Comment

Working...
      X