This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Nvidia graphics driver

I downlaoded a beta nVidia graphics driver for Linux. I wanted to try it to see if it would work with my Optimus machine. I tried the install in a terminal, out of X, and get an error, "cannot write to file" in /tmp. I am root at the time. Any ideas?
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

Try adding the xorg-edgers ppa. They have the 325 driver already compiled into a deb package.
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddlespit View Post
      Try adding the xorg-edgers ppa. They have the 325 driver already compiled into a deb package.
      I will give it a try
      Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
      Rich

Comment

Could you post all of the console output including the commands you used?

How did you make yourself root?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpaw View Post
          Could you post all of the console output including the commands you used?

How did you make yourself root?
          Used sudo. In any case I enabled edgers and installed the driver, but it did not solve the problem so Optimus remains the issue and the original question is moot.

sudo sh "whatever the driver install name was"
          Rich

Comment

Working...
          X