This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color Correction -- Was working, now not

So my Kubuntu 13.04 build is about a week old (maybe two), and this is nearing a record for how long I've stayed with KDE as my DE since about 2007. :-)

I do have a couple of nagging issues though.

One of them is color correction.

My laptop screen tends to be overly cool if I don't appy an .icm profile that I have for my particular panel.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I could do this at install, and that I could apply it system wide (which I did).

However I have recently noticed that at startup the profile is not applied.

I can fix this if I toggle to the default and back to my preferred profile in System Settings --> Color.

I thought maybe I might need to set some other profile as the system wide default, and then set this one back to restore that preference for whatever reason, but now even the button to install system wide is greyed out.

I have a little script that I've used elsewhere that will set this with xcalib, and I don't mind using that -- but if I could figure out how to make this work the way it's apparently supposed to, I'd prefer that.

Alternatively, can someone point me to where these settings are actually stored? I'd like to try editing the associated settings directly before falling back on my script...

So anyhow I'm not really sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.

FWIW I have recently upgraded to KDE 4.11 using the kubuntu backports PPA - but I *think* I had noticed this prior to that event.

Working...
X