Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning: Be careful with music from external media in Amarok 2.7.0!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning: Be careful with music from external media in Amarok 2.7.0!

@mods: Sorry if this is in the wrong place as it's not really a software related support question. But I didn't know where else to post it.

Just a warning for all Amarok users: If you have version 2.7.0 of Amarok (installed by default on Kubuntu 13.04) don't try to rip music from CD inside Amarok. When I tried this my library got messed up: music/sound files from all over the file system were included in my library. Changing the library settings and total rescan didn't help. Only thing that worked was deleting Amarok's database folder and let Amarok rebuild the database. If I understood correctly this issue should be resolved for Amarok 2.7.1 but for now be careful with including/copying music files from external media to your library.

Relevant bug report: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=316216

Originally posted by Euroman View Post
    @mods: Sorry if this is in the wrong place as it's not really a software related support question. But I didn't know where else to post it.

Just a warning for all Amarok users: If you have version 2.7.0 of Amarok (installed by default on Kubuntu 13.04) don't try to rip music from CD inside Amarok. When I tried this my library got messed up: music/sound files from all over the file system were included in my library. Changing the library settings and total rescan didn't help. Only thing that worked was deleting Amarok's database folder and let Amarok rebuild the database. If I understood correctly this issue should be resolved for Amarok 2.7.1 but for now be careful with including/copying music files from external media to your library.

Relevant bug report: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=316216
    Amarok is terrible at ripping music full stop. Use K3B. You can customize metadata and so much more with it.

Comment

I know k3b is my favourite ripping software, for all platforms. However for a particular album K3B could not fetch CDDB info, Amarok did see the titles correctly. Just made this topic to warn, the problem is better described in the bug report itself. It goes further than just ripping music.

Comment

Working...
      X