This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akonadi and KMail not saving POP passwords

I just switched from Thunderbird to Kmail in Kontact.
    I use Kubuntu 12.10 64 bit.

I added all my email accounts to KMAIL, and setup the passwords in it. I allowed them all access to KWALLET. My passwords show in KWALLET.
    My IMAP passwords save and work fine, however when it tries to check my POP accounts, it pops up with a password box for each account (I have 5). The password is populated in the password field and I just hit OK and it checks and retrieves mail.

This is getting annoying because it is constantly giving me those popups, every 5 minutes.
    I want those account checked that often, but I dont want to be asked for the passwords everytime.

I have removed the password from KDEWALLET so it no longer asks for one, but KMAIL and AKONADI still do for every POP account.
    How can I change this

Originally posted by sebastianhavel View Post
    I just switched from Thunderbird to Kmail in Kontact.
    I use Kubuntu 12.10 64 bit.

I added all my email accounts to KMAIL, and setup the passwords in it. I allowed them all access to KWALLET. My passwords show in KWALLET.
    My IMAP passwords save and work fine, however when it tries to check my POP accounts, it pops up with a password box for each account (I have 5). The password is populated in the password field and I just hit OK and it checks and retrieves mail.

This is getting annoying because it is constantly giving me those popups, every 5 minutes.
    I want those account checked that often, but I dont want to be asked for the passwords everytime.

I have removed the password from KDEWALLET so it no longer asks for one, but KMAIL and AKONADI still do for every POP account.
    How can I change this
    People still use POP3? Wow!!! Nonetheless, either the password is wrong or you should maybe nuke kwallet. Has rebooting /logging out and in helped? I did publish a guide to it: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...etting-Kwallet

Comment

Working...
    X