X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with a Gimp Plug-in

Hello

I have a problem with the Gimp plug-in «b&p_word-art.py». Even before I start Gimp I get the below message. Can anybody a reason for this and help me?

Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

I have a second question: Why does this message refer consistently to Ubuntu and not to Kubuntu?

By the way, I get the same message with Kubuntu 12.04.
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
      I have a second question: Why does this message refer consistently to Ubuntu and not to Kubuntu?

By the way, I get the same message with Kubuntu 12.04.
      Because there is no difference between them as far as applications are concerned, kubuntu is just the ubuntu base with the kde desktop on it but it is still ubuntu (same repos, same code system...) and as such you can install ubuntu-desktop from inside kubuntu and kubuntu-desktop from inside ubuntu to have both of them installed inside the same system.

Comment

As Kubuntu under the hood is Ubuntu (kernel, libraries, and other sub systems) the info is correct.

As to the plugin, how did you install it? Does Gimp eventually load at all? It looks like the author of the plugin that seems to be the cause has updated it to work with later Gimp versions, but has not done much to make it easy to find http://www.bytes-and-pixels.com/downloads/?did=13

The file location is for a windows version of Gimp, the correct one is in your home directory ~/.gimp-2.8/scripts/ . You will have to mark the file executable, and probably remove the original script, which can be found in the location specified in the traceback. It is working for me, though I did not attempt to reproduce your error, just used the later version.

Comment

Working...
        X