• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No public key

Hello

I always get with a sudo apt-get update at the end the following messge:

Code:
    W: GPG-Fehler: http://debian.scribus.net precise Release: Die folgenden Signaturen konnten nicht überprüft werden, weil ihr öffentlicher Schlüssel nicht verfügbar ist: NO_PUBKEY 5BC4CFB8EEF818CF
    W: GPG-Fehler: http://ppa.launchpad.net quantal Release: Die folgenden Signaturen konnten nicht überprüft werden, weil ihr öffentlicher Schlüssel nicht verfügbar ist: NO_PUBKEY B70D6F7664B6EE15
    arran@arran-kubuntu-12-10:~$
    I tried to solve the Scribus one, but all infos I get wants me to install the ng-version of Scribus. As I am in the middle of a really good scribus course, I can not do this, the changes are too big (once a document has been opened with the ng-version, the older version can not use it anymore).
    The second message appears only since Monday and I havn't a clue what it is about.

So to my questions:
    · If a public key is not recognised, do I still get the upgrades?
    · Is it really harmfull or just the usual safety paranoia?

Thanks for your help and info.
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

You should be ok, as long as you trust the sources you have added. I think various gui package managers may not like missing the keys, but using apt, it just involves ok'ing before it procedes.

You can add the keys from Ubuntu ppa's if they are somehow missing like this
    If you add a ppa using add-apt-repository, it will grab the key for you for that particualr PPA

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository  ppa:claydoh/kmymoney2-kde4
    for example. Makes things pretty simple.

To add the debian one, you will have to find the key for that, probably this

Comment

Thanks, I am satisfied with this response.

And another grat thank you for mentioning KMyMoney: I have to start with my tax return. Deadline End of the year. But that needs printing out hunderd of PayPal receipts for about 12 months...
      Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
      I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

Working...
      X