This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

file search in kde menu

Hi folks, just installed 12.10 and it's a pleasant surprise so far. Much better than versions I've tried out in the past.
    All set and working priductively in a short time though keeping 4.6 home dir didn't work.

A simple question: in 4.6 there was a 'file search' entry in the menu, this is missing here. Can it be added?
    (I have seen the thread about Nepomuk and I'm considering getting rid of it and use Recoll and other programs.)

kfind is a basic file finder program, it does not use nepomuk or other indexer so is slow at finding the files.

You should just be able to type in the search bar (or in krunner) to search nepomuks database. I would suggest giving nepomuk a try, allot has been improved in it since 4.6.

Comment

Thanks, will give it a try then.

Btw am having a weird problem with Firefox. It's unable to show any fonts. If I copy/paste to a text editor the text is there though.
      I thought it might have to do with an imported old profile, ot ttf fonts I just copied from Windows. But deleting profile and fonts and reinstalling
      ttf fonts with the installer does not help. Very strange.

Comment

I would suggest trying a clean user profile (ie new user) if it works for them then it is a problem somewhere in your home, if not then its a system problem.

Where did you copy the fonts from windows to?

Comment

Working...
        X