This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 12.10 freezing?

Hello, I'm here because my Kubuntu 12.10 completely freeze from time to time and I'd like to know if this is happening to someone else, because this situation is making me consider to go back to 12.04. Today I installed KDE 4.9.3, I'm going to give it a try for a few days before making a decision, by the way KDE 4.9.3 is available to 12.04? will it be?

Thanks,

Originally posted by infoholico View Post
    ... by the way KDE 4.9.3 is available to 12.04? will it be?
    At the moment it is not available for 12.04, but it is currently being worked on. There is no time table on when it will be done, but I'd expect it won't take too long (should see it in a week or two).
    Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
    tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Originally posted by infoholico View Post
      Hello, I'm here because my Kubuntu 12.10 completely freeze from time to time
      Launchpad bugs 993187 and 999910 (you know you lack a social life when you can quote bug numbers from memory) have been tracking random freezes in *buntu 12.04. For most folks, upgrading to 12.10 solves the problem, but in a few cases some people still experience freezes.

It would help if we knew more about your computer. Please show the output of these commands:
      Code:
      lspci -k
      Code:
      lsusb
      Also, is there any particular activity that you think might be the cause of your freeze? For example, on my T520, I could reliably trigger a complete lockup when I would use two USB external peripherals simultaneously, like being on a phone call with my USB headset and rapidly moving the mouse around.

Comment

Working...
      X