X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaffeine: Astra OK, Hotbird KO

Hello

I need help with my Kaffeine. I use it to watch TV with a TechnoTrend card. The Satellites I receive are Astra and Hotbird with a dual LNB dish. Since I installed 12.10, Kaffeine is not showing the programs from Hotbird, however the Channel search is indicating that all programs are found. Astra works perfectly.

Now in the still existing 12.04 Hotbird is showing without problems. And on the TV in the living room Hotbird channels are on as well, so there is certainly not a problem with the dish or the cables or the card.

I have installed Kubuntu-restricted-addons and -extras, also libdvdcss2.

Due to the fact, that I have a very slow internet connection, I do not like to listen to internet radio during the day ‒ it takes about 12% of my bandwith! My preferred channels are the Swiss Radios which I use now reluctantly as streams with Amarok.

At the same time, I have also realised that the Swiss TV-channels which are scrambled were showing at the start (I have the Viaccess pci module and the smart card, of course), but after the first longer upgrade, they remain closed. All Swiss channels are on Hotbird. They are blocked in 12.04 too.

I think there are two problems, as I can also not see free to air Channels from Hotbird which are not scrambled = problem 1. Scrabled programs = problem 2.

Has anybody any suggestions?
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

I am still in good hope. Of some help.
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

Incredible: since starting the computer new on 23/11 at about 18.30h local time (GMT) the program works perfect ...

Linux is a truly miraculous piece of software...

Has anybody an idea what could have provoked this? It might be good to know against future stress.

Comment

Often a system restart is required to 'complete' configurations.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks.
          How many restarts, do you think, I had since I posted my original query on the 8th? At least two to three a day, seven days a week ... In such cases, I wait also at least one upgrade until I start making enquiries.

However, you are right with saying it once more.

Comment

Working...
          X