X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a Plasmoids folder?

Hi!.

Many of you guys may already know this little problem with the task manager plasmoid:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	greyh.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	647901

Yeah, the text of minimized windows is grey. It is uncomfortable and the text is unviewvable. I think this is not a problem of KDE, themes of colors, because I have made lot of changes and the text stays grey. So, I believe it's the plasmoid configuration by the author.

Do you know where the plasmoid configuration files are stored? or, at least, do you know how to resolve this anyoning statement of grey text?

I tried using the icon-task manager but I'm not really on to it. I prefer text and taskbar, as it's more productive

in your terminal use the "locate" command

Code:
    locate -i plasmoid
    Rob

Comment

It is in your plasma desktop theme not in the widgets themselves. Try different themes and see. There is no gui to edit settings for individual themes, however you can choose different installed themes for different elements.

System Settings >> Workspace Appearance >> Desktop Theme is where you can add and select themes. In the Details tab, you can select a different theme for those elements. "Panel Background" is the one to select for your taskbar.

Downloaded themes are stored in ~/.kde/share/apps/desktoptheme
      Some are also found in /usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/...s/Plasma/Theme
      Last edited by claydoh; Nov 02, 2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I am not so sure about that. No matter which theme I use, no matter the theme I chose for the background, the text stays grey for minimized windows

Is amazing how KDE is supposed to be extremely configurable, and yet we can't edit something as simple as that.

Comment

Did you install your graphic drivers?

Edit
          Please give me the output of this command
          Code:
          lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 vga
          Rob

Comment

Code:
            00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09)
                    Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device [1179:fce0]
                    Kernel driver in use: i915
            miguel@miguel-Satellite-C650:~$

Comment

I wonder whether any of the configuration options in System Settings | Application Appearance | Colors apply to minimized window text. Perhaps you might try experimenting with a few?

Comment

Here are 3 I have switched to:

Air

Name:	air.jpg
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	640156

Mobarez

Name:	mobarez.jpg
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	640157

Noseams

Name:	noseams.jpg
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	640158

Oxygen

Name:	snapshot16.jpg
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	640159

I usually use Noseams for my desktop for the exact reason you are looking to change your panel's look. Look at /usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/default/ for what is being used, you will see that a lot of the elements are actually svg graphics and not color schemes.

The Colors section in System Settings applies to applications and not plasma widgets, which is what the panel, taskbar and system tray are.
                Last edited by claydoh; Nov 03, 2012, 01:10 AM.

Comment

The colors used by plasma theme elements are defined in the 'colors' file in the plasma theme folder, so that would be the first place to look.

Comment

Originally posted by PPamaterasu View Post
                    Code:
                    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09)
                            Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device [1179:fce0]
                            Kernel driver in use: i915
                    miguel@miguel-Satellite-C650:~$
                    Thanks, I just wanted to see if you had your correct graphics driver. Mine did something like yours did.
                    Rob

Comment

You may have to add some things but I have readable Task Manager tasks.
                      Attached Files
                      GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

I've discovered not all themes color or control all elements. Some items will remain unchanged from theme to theme.

IMO it's a poor practice on the part of the theme creator (what my dad would have called a Half-@$&ed job...) but themes are not real high on the must-haves list.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                        X