X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

google contacts in kontact.

Hi folks,

just trying to set up google contacts in kontact and have got as far as authorizing the cridentials for the account, but I end up with

"You've reached this page because we have detected that Javascript is disabled in your browser. The page you attempted to load cannot display properly if scripts are disabled.

Please enable scripts and go back in you browser."

K? What do I do from here?

Ta

Peter.
    Last edited by pnunn; Oct 30, 2012, 06:21 PM.

Hi Pnunn

Could you indicate the browser? Rekonq, FF, Chrome?

woodsmoke

Comment

Hi Woodsmoke, that's the problem.. there is no browser, this is trying to add the contacts to Kontact using the google connector.

Peter.

Comment

Well I must admint that I have never seen such a message, so smarter people than I, of which there are an abundance here at the forums, will have to address that.

woodsmoke

Comment

Ummmm correct my last.....

The very last time that I did the Google contact thing I DID SEE a very large "window" that looked suspiciously as if...

Akonadai was "going to google" in what "looked like" some kind of "browser window", I even commented on it in another thread.

So, it may, indeed, be that Akonadai does open a "browser window" which does not have the normal controls or appearance, and that one then is really "logging into" Google in some way to carry out the operation.

So, it might be an idea to check that the default browser does, indeed, have "flash" enabled. lol

AS AN ASIDE....there was a "Gnome do" thingy several years back that was a browser thing that would allow one to make "clickable links" that one could put on the Gnome desktop. The interactive window was a "browser" window which had no controls on it except to close it.

woodsmoke
          Last edited by woodsmoke; Oct 21, 2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input Woodsmoke. I just tried it again (for about the 5th time), and it worked. No idea why it would now and not before, but, I'm happy I have my google contacts. Now to try and track down the personal ones from the old system.

Thanks again.

Peter.

Comment

See if this works. Create a CardDAV resource and point it to:

Code:
              https://google.com/m8/carddav/
              If that doesn't work, try this longer version:

Code:
              https://google.com/m8/carddav/principals/__uids__/[i]username[/i]@gmail.com/lists/default/
              There are two underscores to either side of uids. username is, of course, your Gmail user name.

You might need to subsitute %40 for the @.

Comment

I solved this by enabling Rekonq's javascript options "access to clipboard" and "open new windows". My system is in spanish so it may be different for you but i hope it will give you an idea of how to solve it.

Comment

I thought this was solved, but I just discovered that the contacts only seemed to have synchronized once and were basically just storing locally. When I tried to re-configure the existing one, it was greyed out and eventually threw an error (attached).

I tried to re-add the resource (of course I suspect I've now lost all of my appointments) but can't get the stupid thing to go past this no java script issue. I have enabled them in rekonq but still no joy.

The page I'm getting is also attached.

Help please, this is the one thing that will make this system complete. I need to be able to sync with my mobile devices.

Peter.Click image for larger version

Name:	google1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	640146Click image for larger version

Name:	google2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	640147

Comment

Tried this Steve, just got socket timeout errors.

Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by pnunn View Post
                      Tried this Steve, just got socket timeout errors.
                      Tried what... my suggestions in post #7? All three forms?

Comment

Yep.. sorry, but hard to work out what I was talking about... I tried all three versions and none of them would connect for me.

It seems to connect the firs time you boot the system using default connector, then simply dies. When I try and edit the akonadi_googlecalendar_resource after that its all just greyed out.

Very frustrating.

Thanks for the input so far.

Peter.

Comment

Alright, another option. Do you have the package akonadi-kde-resource-googledata installed?

Comment

I have now Steve, and it looks as though it might just be working!! Fantastic. Where does akonadi hide its configs for these resources? It seems to be all over the place, but I can't find the one for the other calander resources anywhere. I though I'd have a go at hand configuring it and see if it works as every time I try and open the config its just greyed out with the other one. I'm note sure if I left it for a while it would eventually time out and let me do stuff or not.

Thanks anyway but it looks to be good at the moment.

Peter.

Comment

The Akonadi resource agent configuration files in ~/.config/akonadi aren't meant to be hand-edited. Since the Google data resources are working for you, I'd suggest deleting the other agents through the GUI.

Comment

Working...
                              X