X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customize Light Dm

Hi

I want to customize Light DM, but I don't know how to do it. I know that I could use system preferences/Log On screen Ligght DM, but those are very limited options. For example, I can't add a new theme or see the users avatars, I can't change language (it's in english, and I want it in spanish)...

I think KDM is more customizable.

Regards

LDM has got only few customizable options (as you wrote). KDM is more customizable. I do not know if LDM has got language versions. Only one I know is in english.
    I think, that there is: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...ion_and_Tweaks only customizations available now.
    Last edited by pavbaranov; Oct 23, 2012, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I also wonder how to display a custom user icon? It doesn't use the one from system settings.
      "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Earlier: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...55-LightDM-KDE

It has links to the examples.

I can't change language (it's in english, and I want it in spanish)...
        What is your system (not your user) language ?

The KDM is available from the repositories.
        Last edited by OneLine; Oct 23, 2012, 10:07 AM.
        Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
        - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

To change the background the image has to be in a root folder. At least for me it did.

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
            To change the background the image has to be in a root folder. At least for me it did.
            SImply chmod your background file is enough. Doesn't need to be in a root folder.
            "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Originally posted by jovin View Post
              SImply chmod your background file is enough. Doesn't need to be in a root folder.
              Ha, good to know this thing, didn't even cross my mind about this. I really hate the default background.

Comment

Working...
              X