This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up Epson Stylus SX430W wireless printer

I'm having trouble setting up Epson Stylus SX430W to print over the network on Kubuntu 12.10. I have installed the correct driver, and the printer works just fine by USB connection. I just can't get it set up over WLAN.

How do I add the network printer? When I hit the add printer, The printer is found in the network printers section, but to continue it asks for connection and queue. What is that supposed to mean? I know the IP for the printer, but it doesn't seem valid. How do I proceed?

I have a similar printer and epson makes a driver with a deb file. This is where I found the driver. https://www.openprinting.org/driver/epson-nx420/ That link is the link for my driver but you can search their for yours. Just sharing just in case. The other thing is the Firewall if enabled will block network printing. You have to allow certain ports through the firewall to print and with the epson driver there were a few more than just the average linux set up. Here they are.

631 tcp
    515 tcp
    1155 udp

I think the command to allow these through the firewall is.

sudo apt-get install gufw
    sudo ufw allow 1155/udp
    sudo ufw allow 631/tcp
    sudo ufw allow 515/tcp

Mine are set to allow out only. My firewall blocks out going and incoming and only allows the ports I specified.

Comment

The network scanner is a whole different deal with ports and I just disable the firewall if I want to scan.

Comment

Working...
      X