X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teamviewer 32bits - no numerics problem

Hi everyone,

I'm running kubuntu 12.04 LTS with KDE 4.11.2 from backports, but anyway the problem i'm reporting here is the same with other releases and even with other l/x/k/ubuntu family ... Also tested with previous KDE ... I need to find a solution for this problem but I can't switch to an alternative to Teamviewer by now.

After download of latest Teamviewer from original website, install went fine. Teamviewer works fine and connect to remote. It works fine until I have to type some numeric on the keyboard. Exemple if i open a terminal and try to type 123 it doesn't work. Same with any application, from calculator to spreadsheet...

Does anyone know how to solve this issue ?
    Thanks

Numlock on?
    I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddlespit View Post
      Numlock on?
      I've checked yes, I tried with numlock on and off, no change no effect. I've been browsing forums since some weeks to find about this but with no chance. I also tried to change keyboards, change computers, have tested at friends home etc...

Comment

As I understand what you are writing, when you try to type something that should appear on the remote it does not. Even opening a Konsole on the remote and trying to type in that Konsole fails to display the keys that are typed. Right?

In the Access Control Dialog box is a setting to lock or unlock the remote keyboard. It's on page 47 of the manual.
        http://www.teamviewer.com/en/res/pdf...Control-en.pdf
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          As I understand what you are writing, when you try to type something that should appear on the remote it does not. Even opening a Konsole on the remote and trying to type in that Konsole fails to display the keys that are typed. Right?
          yes right

In the Access Control Dialog box is a setting to lock or unlock the remote keyboard. It's on page 47 of the manual.
          http://www.teamviewer.com/en/res/pdf...Control-en.pdf
          this feature "governs whether you can block input on the remote computer" as explained and it has no effect on numeric keyboard, it just ensure you that no one on the remote computer will be able to type something when you already are working on the computer.

Comment

I'd say it is something to bug the teamviewer folks about. Probably a bug in the custom wine setup that they use, or maybe a gpu-specific (driver) problem.

Comment

Do the number keys underneath the function keys work?
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                I'd say it is something to bug the teamviewer folks about. Probably a bug in the custom wine setup that they use, or maybe a gpu-specific (driver) problem.
                I've sent bug reports through their website contact form but never had any reply. I'm on my own, private usage, not a commercial entity. Do you know of a forum where I could report this bug to some teamviewers devs whom would care ?
                Thanks

Comment

Do the number keys underneath the function keys work?
                  no. whether i use the numeric keyboard on my 101 keys keyboard or others number keys, it does have no effect. I have tried also to change the keyboard to 102 or 103, 104, 105 keys and differents variants but there is no change.

Comment

Assuming you don't have a 32 bit machine, have you tried the 64bit version?
                    http://www.teamviewer.com/download/t..._linux_x64.deb

Comment

the 64 bit package is just the 32 bit version packaged to depend on ia32-libs - it runs using a custom wine install, so I don't think this will help any. (wine is 32bit only, as is teamviewer)

Comment

Assuming you don't have a 32 bit machine, have you tried the 64bit version?
                        http://www.teamviewer.com/download/t..._linux_x64.deb
                        as I run 32bit version of kubuntu I thought only the 32 bit version of teamviewer could work, I haven't tried the 64 bits version so far but I will have a test and report, thanks for the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlebig1 View Post
                          as I run 32bit version of kubuntu I thought only the 32 bit version of teamviewer could work,
                          you were correct.....

VINNY
                          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                          16GB RAM
                          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Claydoh is right. I was mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                            X