Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin selections disappear when mouse pointer hovers over selection - Kubuntu 12.4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin selections disappear when mouse pointer hovers over selection - Kubuntu 12.4

I "think" I have the right discussion for this, but please forgive the intrusion if it is in the wrong place.

My problem is more of an annoyance than anything else, but I'm hoping to find a solution somewhere. Perhaps my search terms have not been what they should, but I have yet been able to Google the answer.

When I select an item or multiple items in Dolphin, the text "disappears" from view when I hover my mouse over them. This occurs no matter which view I use, (icon, compact, or detailed), the icon remains, but the text becomes unreadable. I've tried several different themes and I've adjusted the colors of various components in the "Colors tab" of the colors item in the "Application Appearance" of System Settings with no luck. It appears to be a setting that causes the background and foreground colors to both be set to the same value, but I'm at a loss as to where to find it or change it.

Can anyone point me to a file to edit or a setting to tweak which will allow me to change this into something that doesn't cause the text to disappear as described? If there are any themes I could download and use that would make this annoyance go away, I would definitely attempt that as well if need be.

TIA
    Rainbow

You should be able to set this in the Colors tab of the colors item in the Application Appearance. Try setting the Selection Background and Selection Text to different colors. I had to close Dolphin and open it for this to take effect.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
      You should be able to set this in the Colors tab of the colors item in the Application Appearance. Try setting the Selection Background and Selection Text to different colors. I had to close Dolphin and open it for this to take effect.
      Might even have to log out and back in.

Comment

The logging out and back in was the step I was missing. Interestingly, it seems all of the other settings made from the colors tab seem to take affect but the selection background color.

I have visited the forum on several occasions and it seems I have always found the answer(s) I needed. It seems a bit silly that my first post was over something so simple really. Thanks for the replies and assistance in resolving this little annoyance.

Comment

Working...
        X