This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a good HTML editor or maybe just a good plugin

So i am lookign for something like Edit Plus in Windows.

Kate is a good editor but it is still missing plenty of funcitons Edit plus has. or perhaps someone can give some advice on the correct plugins? what i need is for example in Edit plus when you create a new HTML file you already have all the basic "commands" inside. and you also have icons that will do commands for you. for example let's say you want something as link. you simply mark it and click on the icon and it will wrap it with link command. <a href etc.

you want to set font for certain text? again you just mark the text and select and icon that will wrap this text with font command. same for colours and many other things.

now i tried to find some plugins for notepad++ (such as colour finder, autocomplete etc, but that's just not the same...)

so is there an editor like editplus or perhaps a few plugins for Kate that will make it like that?

for editing pages Kate is just as good, but for creating them not so much unless you already know all commands (or at leats approximate) and you are willing to type constantly.

Kate plugins?

Blue Griffon?

Please Read Me

Comment

couldn't find any plugins for kate. i used blue fish (GTK based editor for now).

Comment

Install Kompozer. It's in the repositories, so you can use Muon Package Manager or the CLI to install it.
        KompoZer is based on Gecko, the layout engine inside Mozilla; it's a super-fast, very reliable, standards conformant engine maintained on a daily basis by a wide community of developers. Its remarkable support of XML, CSS and JavaScript offers the best authoring platform on the market. Its architecture based on XUL makes it the most extensible editing tool ever.

KompoZer is a stand-alone tool; hence its small size and fast speed.

Those who are familiar with the DreamWeaver interface will feel right at home with KompoZer:

• WYSIWYG editing of pages, making web creation as easy as typing a letter with your word processor.
        • Integrated file management via FTP. Simply login to your web site and navigate through your files, editing web pages on the fly, directly from your site.
        • Reliable HTML code creation that will work with all of today's most popular browsers.
        • Jump between WYSIWYG Editing Mode and HTML using tabs.
        • Tabbed editing to make working on multiple pages a snap.
        • Powerful support for forms, tables, and templates.
        • The easiest-to-use, most powerful Web Authoring System available for Desktop Linux, Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh users.
        Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 14, 2013, 10:09 AM.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't think Kompozer is a good choice, because it hasn't been developed for years by now. It's really getting way behind.
          If you want a wysiwyg-editor like Kompozer/nvu, I think a better choice is bluegriffon. Bluegriffon is made by the people who started the original nvu. Kompozer is an updated version of nvu with another name beause the name nvu belonged to Lindows (not existing anymore). Because Kompozer is not developed anymore, the original makers of nvu made Bluegriffon. So Bluegriffon is in fact kind of a newer version of Kompozer. http://www.activestate.com/komodo-edit
          It's freeware, but for some extra things you have to pay, if you want them.
          If you don't want a wysiwyg-program, but an editor, I can recommend Komodo Edit. I use it myself and it's really unbelievable good, even the freeware version. It's not in the repos, but it installs without any problem. Site: http://www.activestate.com/komodo-edit

Comment

Working...
          X