This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data files for some packages could not be downloaded

I keep reviving the following error, the message shows during start-up. "System Helper" (The lightbulb in the system tray)

Data files for some packages could not be downloaded

The following packages requested additional data downloads after package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could not be processed... flashplugin-installer.. This is a permanent failure that leaves these packages unusable on your system. You may need to fix your Internet connection, then remove and reinstall the packages to fix this problem.
    I have removed & purged flashplugin-installer, I am directly connected to the modem, so my connection is fine, and I can watch flash videos.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by Robtygart; Feb 09, 2013, 02:23 PM.
    Rob

ideas , yes it is a known bug that once triggered this indicator will keep appearing even after the problem has been resolved ,,,,,, right click it and select never show agin

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks, that's an easy fix! I had purged it a few times, it was starting to get annoying.
      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Robtygart View Post
        Thanks, that's an easy fix! I had purged it a few times, it was starting to get annoying.
        LOL ,,,,,, indeed

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X