This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update problem

I updated last night using muon. The process took several attempts and oddly used up all my cpu for ages. Eventually I restarted. The desktop crashed and then I get half a dozen neomuk errors.

I can do most things but I am now missing Kontact and Muon. I cannot get my email.

When I tried to reinstall Muon using apt-get install muon back I got the following message:-

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies.
    kdegames-mahjongg-data : Depends: kmahjongg-data but it is not going to be installed
    kdepim-runtime : Depends: kdepimlibs-kio-plugins but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libkgapi0 (>= 0.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
    kmahjongg : Depends: kmahjongg-data (>= 4:4.10.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu12.04.2~ppa1) but it is not going to be installed
    muon : Depends: libmuonprivate1 but it is not going to be installed
    Recommends: muon-updater but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Why should kmahjongg stop me getting muon? How do I get my system back working as normal?

Uninstall kmahjongg then try again?

Comment

try to force install the dependency that cannot be installed...

Comment

I suggest you follow it's suggestion:
        apt-get install -f

Comment

Code:
          sudo apt-get -f install
          should fix it ,,,,,seems to be becoming a known bug .
          the same thing happened to me last night however I never restarted after the upgrade ,,,, and opened synaptic right after (for something totally unrelated ) and was informed as to the broken packages , told synaptic to fix them and it did.

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I was wrong ,,,,what I did in synaptic did not fix the broken packages (kmahjongg and kmahjongg-data) I just loged back in to 12.04 and was checking for a package name in synaptic and was informed of the broken status of the packages,,,,,,so I closed it and ran a
            Code:
            sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -f install
            apt-get reported dependance’s were fixed and we needed to install kmahjongg-data I let it and it did ,,,,,, then just about all the upgrade got configured ,,,,,,so I guess even though dolphin was saying it was KDE-4.10 most of it was not configured yet ,,,,, O well all is good now it seams

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
            X