This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
    A conversation about eye candy and blur hasn't been blamed Something is wrong!!!
    The horrible performance with the blur effect was fixed several version ago, it should no longer degrade performance like it use to.

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
      The horrible performance with the blur effect was fixed several version ago, it should no longer degrade performance like it use to.
      Yeah I know that. I've used blur for absolutely ages and I've seen it's progress (works then doesn't then works and repeat). Its still a memory hog but 4.10 fixed that. Or at least I think it was blur he fixed. Either way from 4.9.5 to 4.10 my X memory usage went from 95-105 mb to 35-40 mb now and Kwin from105-110 mb to 25-40 mb. Something huge happened with 4.10 for me. Memory usage has dropped like a rock.

Blur will always hold the stigma for being THE effect wrecking performance. Still love it.

Comment

I have experienced this exact behavior on some older cards using the Unity desktop, so I don't think this is limited to KDE. I'd look at it possibly being a graphics driver issue.

Comment

Working...
        X