This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panel launchers

I think that is the correct terminology - those little boxes on the panel that get opened for each active application and that I can click to switch application.

I was too quick in clicking and those little boxes disappeared. I spent a little over an hour and searched through all of the windows I could find to open and the KDE docs, but could find no way to re-instate the boxes.

I finally just added a new panel, which then had the boxes by default, and put all of the launcer icons for the applications I want on the panel. Then I deleted the old panel.

I know there must be a way to turn the boxes back on, but it is far from obvious to me.

How do I do that for future reference? So that I do not have to re-create the panel. I just know it will happen again.

Thanks.

you are probably referring to the task manager widget , if you loose it again right click a blank area of the desktop and add widgets , find the task manager widget and drag it to the panel , done.
    if you would lock your widgets you would not be able to loose them so easaly

VINNY
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jan 20, 2013, 04:49 PM.
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I thank you. I would never have thought of them as 'widgets'.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        I thank you. I would never have thought of them as 'widgets'.
        In kde 4, everything in the panel and on the desktop is a widget.

Comment

Working...
        X