X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Small Print Font size in Kmail

Hello All:
    Kubuntu 12.04 - KDE 4.9.5
    I need help increasing the print font size in kmail. I have tried all I could to no avail. The print font size is really verrrry small. Also it appears the printed page not utilizing the entire letter size paper.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by marco07; Jan 07, 2013, 04:24 PM.

hi,

launch KMail, select Menu>Settings>Configure KMail>Appearance select the Fonts tab. check Use custom fonts.

one can set the font size in the right hand column of this tab.

(observe Menu button in upper left of screen. be sure KMail has focus when you click Menu.)
    Last edited by oznola; Jan 05, 2013, 03:04 PM. Reason: to enhance clarity
    “The door to the cabinet is to be opened using a minimum of 15 Kleenexes.” ~Howard Hughes

Linux 3.5.0-21-generic, KDE 4.9.4, Plasma Netbook,
    Grand Unified Bootloader (Grub) 0.97-29ubuntu66 (Legacy version)

Dell MINI 9, Intel Dual Core Atom (2x) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, 32-bits,
    STEC PATA 32GB SSD on IDE Bus, 2Gb RAM.

Intel Mobile 945SE Express Integrated Graphics Controller with OpenGL/ES extensions

Comment

Originally posted by oznola View Post
      hi,

launch KMail, select Menu>Settings>Configure KMail>Appearance select the Fonts tab. check Use custom fonts.

one can set the font size in the right hand column of this tab.

(observe Menu button in upper left of screen. be sure KMail has focus when you click Menu.)
      Thank you for your reply!
      I had already custom set my font size in kmailconfig>appearance and am happy with the displayed font size in the message body. However, it is printing a mail that I am concerned with. The font on mail print out is very small and barely readable.

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
        Hello All:
        Kubuntu 12.04 - KDE 4.9.5
        I need help increasing the print font size in kmail. I have tried all I could to no avail. The print font size is really verrrry small. Also it appears the printed page not utilizing the entire letter size paper.
        Thanks!
        have you made sure your print settings are in fact set to letter size paper ?
        VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          have you made sure your print settings are in fact set to letter size paper ?
          VINNY
          Yes. My printer setup is OK.
          Thanks!

Comment

perhaps there is an option to select wysiwyg during the dialog to submit the print job that was overlooked?

otherwise i don't even have a printer.
            “The door to the cabinet is to be opened using a minimum of 15 Kleenexes.” ~Howard Hughes

Linux 3.5.0-21-generic, KDE 4.9.4, Plasma Netbook,
            Grand Unified Bootloader (Grub) 0.97-29ubuntu66 (Legacy version)

Dell MINI 9, Intel Dual Core Atom (2x) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, 32-bits,
            STEC PATA 32GB SSD on IDE Bus, 2Gb RAM.

Intel Mobile 945SE Express Integrated Graphics Controller with OpenGL/ES extensions

Comment

Originally posted by oznola View Post
              perhaps there is an option to select wysiwyg during the dialog to submit the print job that was overlooked?

otherwise i don't even have a printer.
              Thanks!
              No such a thing as wysiwyg.

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
                I had already custom set my font size in kmailconfig>appearance and am happy with the displayed font size in the message body. However, it is printing a mail that I am concerned with. The font on mail print out is very small and barely readable.
                In the "Apply to:" drop down on that page, you can also select type size for printed output. Have you experimented with that?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                  In the "Apply to:" drop down on that page, you can also select type size for printed output. Have you experimented with that?
                  Steve, thank you so much.
                  I had spent a great deal of time fiddling with the kmail configure. But never thought of printed output to be an option in that "Apply To" drop down window. The issue is resolved now.
                  Thanks again!

Comment

Happy to be of service.

Comment

Working...
                    X