X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cmake Issues Building KMM 4.6.3

Claydoh and all...

I'm trying to build KMyMoney 4.6.3 on my Kubuntu 12.04.1 system here and keep running into cmake issues. I have fixed a number of them by installing missing lib packages (kdelib5-dev, libcgal-dev, libicu-dev). I can almost get cmake to to finish building the make files and I get the following error:

Code:
        CMake Error at /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindMsgfmt.cmake:22
        Could NOT find msgfmt program
        Call Stack (most recent call first):
        CMakeLists.txt:414 (find_package)

-- Looking for dgettext
        -- Looking for dgettext - found
        -- Found Gettext: built in libc
        -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    That's about as far as it got with it... I tried an apt-file search for FindMsgfmt.cmake as below and struck out:

Code:
        bweinel@excalibur:~/kmymoney-4.6.3/build$ apt-file search FindMsgfmt.cmake
        kdelibs5-dev: /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindMsgfmt.cmake
    Which makes no sense since kdelibs5-dev is already installed... I'm stumped.

Can you shed any light on how I can resolve this error?

Cheers,
    Bill
    Last edited by bweinel; Dec 31, 2012, 11:22 PM.
    sigpic
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Just quickly
    Originally posted by bweinel View Post
    Could NOT find msgfmt program
    msgfmt is part of Gnu gettext, "gettext" in your package manager.

Regards, John Little
    Regards, John Little

Comment

It appears to me that it's looking for 'msgfmt' which is part of gettext. Do you have gettext installed?
      Computers don't make mistakes. They only execute them.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, but the 2 replies above are correct. The file you located is a script that looks for msgfmt, which is part of gettext.

You probably will also need a number of other dependencies as well.

cmake,
        kdelibs5-dev (>= 4:4.4.4), kdepimlibs5-dev (>= 4:4.4.4), shared-mime-info,
        libaqbanking33-dev | libaqbanking-dev, libgwenhywfar60-dev | libgwenhywfar-dev,
        libboost-graph-dev, libfinance-quote-perl, libgpgme11-dev,
        libical-dev, libjpeg62-dev, libofx-dev,
        libpng12-dev, libsqlite3-dev, zlib1g-dev, pkg-config, libalkimia-dev, libgmp3-dev

You will have to compile libalkimia as well, as the latest KMM requires a newer version than what is in the repos- the one in my ppa might work

I must look at why I don't have a KMM 4.6.3 package for 10.04, there must have been a reason, but I cannot remember.
        Last edited by claydoh; Jan 01, 2013, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Hey thanks for all the pointers guys... That was just what I needed. :grin:

I found out that I was not only missing the 'gettext' lib, but also a couple of the other libs which Claydoh pointed out in his previous post. Once I had them all installed, KMM4.6.3 compiled with no issues.

Cheers,
          Bill
          sigpic
          A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X