This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElZorro View Post
    Oh well tek_heretik I Hope you mean Kubuntu 12.041 has stayed with pulseaudio,
    sounds like I abandon this install as it still has some problems, and reinstall and hope alsa does not turn up.
    If it does turn up I will abandon ship, for despite MS there is as yet no real substitute, and heaven knows if there will be.
    Merry Xmas and a happy new year.
    Regardz
    El Zorro
    Whatever floats your boat, do what you feel you need to do. I have never heard of other people having so many problems with Skype and Kubuntu, always worked 'right-out-of-the-box' for me. As for going back to Windows, in my experience, the little bit of trouble shooting I have to do with any Linux distro far out weighs the benefits (or lack of) of Windows (trouble shooting, security issues and DRM, just to name a few). You don't go in to very much detail about your problem, somebody correct me if I am wrong, I believe Skype had Pulse support before MS bought it. From what we gather, you can't get Skype to work with pulse, and your machine went haywire after some updates, I am beginning to wonder if your problems are real, and possibly this is a fake test of this forum? You have 158 posts in the 7 years you have been here, and you are so easily throwing in the towel because of a MICROSOFT owned piece of software?

Comment

tek_: "You don't go in to very much detail about your problem ... I am beginning to wonder if your problems are real, and possibly this is a fake test of this forum?"

Ha! Me, too, but I wasn't going to say it; felt that way upon reading the first few posts.
      If I can get Skype running on 12.04 (without doing anything!), anyone can (as I'm not a 'multimedia' sort of user in any sense!).
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Well, he's right about one thing. MS is no real substitute for Kubuntu. Personally, I rarely use Skype but I just installed it a few weeks ago when a need to cropped up. Installed and worked perfectly (12.10) with no configuration at all. Only setting I change was to have video open automatically when a call was started. Not to say that the issue might actually be real, but it's clearly not a Skype vs. Kubuntu problem. The issue lies elsewhere.

You have to love the circular logic though: Microsoft Windows sucks, switch to Linux, try and install a Microsoft-owned peice of software, software fails, go back to Windows. I guess Windows no longer sucks because Skype failed to work? Mind boggling...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          You have to love the circular logic though: Microsoft Windows sucks, switch to Linux, try and install a Microsoft-owned peice of software, software fails, go back to Windows. I guess Windows no longer sucks because Skype failed to work? Mind boggling...
          Thanks for the chuckle, true and funny at the same time.

Comment

Working...
          X