This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording off stream

I've been wondering if yall could recommend an audio recording app that will save a live stream as a mp3 or something. There are some radio shows I'd like to listen to but don't have the time for it. And these shows aren't available as podcasts.

Thanks

vlc should be able to do that for you, I think it is in the convert/save function; you enter the stream url and the destination file.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      vlc should be able to do that for you, I think it is in the convert/save function; you enter the stream url and the destination file.
      Thanks. I shall try it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hi

There's a couple different scripts/plugins to Amarok that will do that. Install the script thru Amarok and restart.

One of these scripts is simply called "Recordstream" (I know there are others but I can't remember the names of those now)

b.r

Jonas
        ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
        Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
        Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
        Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
        - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
        >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Even better. Thank you.

I think I will try both.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
            Hi

There's a couple different scripts/plugins to Amarok that will do that. Install the script thru Amarok and restart.

One of these scripts is simply called "Recordstream" (I know there are others but I can't remember the names of those now)

b.r

Jonas
            Thank you. I finally got around to installing the plugin and it works great. On occasion a friend of mine listen to coast to coast a.m. and wants to hear it again so I let it run the show and was able to cut out all the commercials and a lot of the long sighs. Needless to say a 1 hour block of show is roughly less then 26 minutes of content. Im glad my shows are on free podcasts.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using tapatalk 2
            Last edited by calcmandan; Nov 25, 2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Oh my god that show is so crazy. Thought I would throw that out.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
              X