X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akonadi and Calendars - eorrors after wake from sleep

Hi,
    Every time I wake my computer from sleep mode, I see the following errors.
    akonadi_ical_resource_2: Cannot fetch item in offline mode.
    Personal Calendar: Cannot fetch item in offline mode.
    I believe its an issue where wifi does not connect immediately and the Thunderbird (lightning) calendar tries to sync with a google calendar.
    It would be all right if it displayed the error once and then tried to connect again periodically, but the error continues to pop up every second or so and can continue for minutes sometimes. I have to turn the volume down so I don't hear the "music" this creates.
    It also seems to slow other tasks down while receiving this barrage of errors and the computer sometimes becomes unresponsive.
    Is there any other specific information I can provide that would help solve this issue?

Lightning does not use Akonadi, so the error is coming from something else. Have you configured a calendar in KOrganizer, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Lightning does not use Akonadi, so the error is coming from something else. Have you configured a calendar in KOrganizer, perhaps?
      No, I don't use Korganizer. But I do have a desktop widget - digital clock which seems to have linked itself to my calendar. (Dont know how).
      I'll try disabling that and see if the problem goes away. But if I do identify that as the problem, any idea how I can fix it?
      I also opened up Korganizer and my calendar seems to be available there, so it could possibly be that too. I'll try eliminating the desktop clock first and see if it continues.

Thanks for the help

Tried removing the clock and I still have the "Personal Calendar: Cannot fetch item in offline mode."
      I also get "Fetch Job error - Korganizer reminder Daemon - Unknown error - (Unable to fetch item from backend)"
      So it looks like Korganizer. How can I get this to work properly? I remember trying to set this all up a long time ago, but did not have any success with setting up Kmail, so I gave up and opted for Thunderbird.
      Last edited by PabloG; Nov 08, 2012, 08:12 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Yes, the desktop clock widget will activate Akonadi.

Since you aren't using Akonadi for anything, my best suggestion would be to remove all the resources. Press Alt+F2, type the letters "ako" and then choose Akonadi Configuration when it appears. Remove all the resources that you see. A new "Local folders" resource may appear; that's fine.

Comment

Thank you very much Steve, this seems to have solved the problem.
          Maybe one day I will try again with Kmail and Korganizer. I really liked Kmail, but was never able to get it to work well with imap.

Comment

Working...
          X