This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes-bought music stopping in Amarok

Amarok is my go-to music player, and generally plays everything I throw at it.

However, a few albums I've bought from iTunes have songs that stop suddenly mid-track. This usually happens in the same place in the track, but doesn't happen absolutely all the time (just most of the time).

I can probably transcode the songs to something other than the iTunes format, but I'm just wondering what might be causing the problem, and if there's a simpler solution rather transcoding everything.

First step is to figure out why this is happening. Try launching amarok in a konsole window and see if there's any error output when it happens.

BTW, you can transcode the whole group in a single operation if you want or even install a servicemenu to convert them with a right click...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      First step is to figure out why this is happening. Try launching amarok in a konsole window and see if there's any error output when it happens.

BTW, you can transcode the whole group in a single operation if you want or even install a servicemenu to convert them with a right click...
      Thanks for tip - don't know why I hadn't thought of launching from a konsole myself actually...

Anyway, this error appears a second or two after the song stops playing:

PTP_ERROR_IO: failed to open session, trying again after resetting USB interface
      LIBMTP libusb: Attempt to reset device

Interestingly, I have PACPL-convert installed. I tried transcoding from the m4a iTunes format to mp3. The resultant file of a test case stopped at the place the iTunes file normally stops. So the mp3 file is 3.56 long and stops at the end of the file, but mid-tune. The m4a file is 5.09 long, and stops mid-track (at the 3.56 mark).

Comment

Embarrassingly, this turned out to be a problem with the files. Deleting it and re-downloading solved the problem.

Comment

Thanks for reporting back. Glad you figured it out.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X