This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail formatting

Something changed in my current installation of kmail 4.8.5. The folder list at the left, which used to have three columns, now has just one with (m+n) used to indicate previously read / new messages. And the quoting style for replies is also different: instead of quoted text starting with >, it's now indented.

Where are the settings for these two behaviors?

Originally posted by pwabrahams View Post
    The folder list at the left, which used to have three columns, now has just one with (m+n) used to indicate previously read / new messages.
    Right-click the column headers in the folder list. A configuration menu will appear:

Originally posted by pwabrahams View Post
    And the quoting style for replies is also different: instead of quoted text starting with >, it's now indented.
    Hmm... are you using HTML mail instead of plain text? Have you configured any custom templates?

Comment

The folders column (I'm running kmail 4.9.2) just has one heading:Names. Right-clicking on it brings up the menu you indicated, but checking the Total and Unread columns seems to have no effect. And is there a way to go back to the display style in the Folder List where each folder is listed in the form Name(m+n)?

Comment

Do you see a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the folder list pane? You may need to fiddle a bit with the width of the entire pane as well as the widths of the individual columns inside the pane to get them all to appear.

Comment

Looks like there's a bug here. If I uncheck Unread, I get the (m+n) info for each folder; if I check Unread, I don't get anything other than the folder name. And the other two options have no effect.

Comment

Hm. I'm on KMail 4.9.2, could be why we have differences...I honestly don't recall how 4.8.5 behaves now.

When I select only the Total column, here's what I see:

When I select both Total and Unread, I see this:

The columns seem missing, but their default widths are too large for the window pane. Note the scrollbar at the bottom:

When I slide the scroll bar, I can see the two columns:

It takes some fiddling with the column separators to get stuff to line up correctly. Notably, the separator bar to the right of the Name column should be dragged to the left to make room for the other columns.

Comment

Formatting of replies

OK the problem of the folder list is solved. But I still have the problem of the formatting of replies, where the original gets indented instead of marked with > as it was previously. I liked the previous behavior; I don't like this.

Comment

Working...
              X