This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find a replacement for Epson Print CD

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 supporting my Kubuntu 12.04.1 LTS operating system. It works wonderfully and I'm very happy with the printer since dropping HP products. My new printer includes a DVD/CDR caddy as it's able to print directly onto printable media of the same. Epson has an excellent program called "Epson Print CD" that allows users to design and print high-quality lables on their optical media, but it's only available for M$ Windoze.

Is there a program available in Linux that will do the same thing? I understand that Wine is always an option, but I prefer to hold that as a plan B at this point.

I've also emailed Epson asking that they offer the software for Linux, but I'm not holding my breath for positive response.

Thank you.

mhumm2
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

cdlabelgen , cd-circleprint and PhotoPrint read like thay may do this , I have never tried any of them though !!

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...rm=OSF_O_LINUX

Would this work?

Comment

Thank you for the responses, but no joy yet! Vinny I've tried all of the apps you mentioned the first and second have no ability to print. They just create postscipt. The third won't even boot up. I just get a bouncing Icon then nothing.

Nickstonefan, the link is for linux drivers for my printer, not the "Epson Print CD" software. I already have the drivers installed and the printer works amazingly well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.

Thank you both again for the responses.

Mark
        "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Working...
        X