This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail: can't do anything with grayed-out IMAP messages

At my university we run an exchange server that I can contact to over IMAP (I don't live on campus).

Sometimes, messages that I move in the webmail client show up as "greyed out" in kmail; If I click on them they don't select and I can't read the text. I can right-click and mark messages as read or unread etc, and I can move them if I select them via "find messages". But otherwise not much useful. I detected nothing unusual in the headers of the mails, and in the webmail client I see nothing strange.

I would like to backup my mail to the local repository as I soon won't study at the university anymore; also, due to an error of the university, all my e-mails have previously been deleted and restored - all those mails are "greyed out".

I'm using kmail and KDE 4.8.4

Any way to make all those messages "normal" again?

KDE 4.9.2 has many many bugfixes, including several improvements to KMail. I'd urge you to add the Kubuntu Backports PPA to your list of repositories and perform a full upgrade.

Also, clean out your KMail database. Log out of KDE, log into a TTY console, and run:
    Code:
    rm -rfv ~/.local/share/akonadi/*
    These steps should help improve your experience. Please follow up here and let us know.

Comment

Working...
    X