X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Icon Problem

Hi all,

I have a strange icon problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I am running kde 4.9 on Kubuntu 12.04. What is happening is that most of my folder icons are missing in Dolphin when I activate a custom set. A few of them show up correctly, but most simply show a question mark where the icon should be. This only happens with folders, no other icons are affected. I've tried deleting the .kde folder with no luck. I was also able to create a new user identity on the same computer that does not have this problem. I'm assuming there's a screwed up config file somewhere causing this, but I have no idea where to look. Any and all help appreciated.

I have had the same problem, you can always right click the icorn click Properties, then click the icon that shows up in the box, change your icon from there.

And if your looking for your icon folder the location is /usr/share/icons
    Rob

Comment

What icon sets are you trying to use? Some of them are not complete and this may be why you get question marks. Try a complete one like KFaenza.

Comment

Thanks, I done this for some of the folders involved, but it would be kind of a pain in the ass to do it for several hundred (which is the number in question)

Comment

I'm currently using Caledonia for kde4, but I've had tame problem with several variations of the Oxygen Icon set. I'll try KFaenza and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X