This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin randomly hogging CPU cycles!

I had this problem with 12. 04 for a long time - months. Can't recall when it began. It was so odd that I just ignored it, for a long time. Here's what happens:

I'm working along for a while when suddenly I notice (via the System Load Widget I have loaded in the system tray) that my CPU is running at a high level independent of whatever I happen to be doing. Checking in with the System Monitor (which I always have running), I find that Dolphin is grabbing more CPU cycles than anything else - typically at or above 40% usage. I can never see any reason for this - I've utterly failed to find any pattern to it. I cannot see how this is related to any application program I'm running, or to any specific thing I'm doing with Dolphin. It just appears to be a random event.

The only fix is to kill Dolphin and relaunch it. It's good until the next time it happens. It happens about every day or two, and sometimes more often.

I cannot find in the forums any indication that this is happening with anyone else. While it's hardly a showstopper, it IS puzzling and annoying.

Anyone have any ideas what to do about it?

Thanks for your thoughts...
Working...
X