X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.9.1 is in backports.

Upgrading as we type. 674 BM over a crappy ADSL connection

I'm off to upgrade as well. Thank you very package team!!!

EDIT:

Upgrade went without issue and so far so good. Feels a bit snappier, but it could just be the .1 effect. If I run into any problems I will let everyone know. Thanks again for the packages!
    Last edited by benny_fletch; Sep 15, 2012, 09:58 AM.
    Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
    tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Dist-upgraded to 4.9.1 this morning. I had a 'glitch' that happened to be self induced. A short time back, I was working with sumski on the address auto-completion issue in Kmail/Kontact. During that time I had put two packages on 'Hold' [preventing upgrading -- freezing at current version], namely libmessagecomposer4 and libkdepim4 -- they were held at version 4.9.0. This resulted in Kontact (the suite) being removed. Once I realized what had happened, I 'un-held' those two packages by installing them:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install libmessagecomposer4 libkdepim4
      Then I updated the package cache again:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      Then installed kontact:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install kontact
      Then I launched kontact and Voilà, kontact in all its glory is back. Happy camper in KDE 4.9.1 land.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I had this PPA - https://code.launchpad.net/~benoitg/...digoogle-daily installed for Google calendar in Kontact.
        I had to uninstall "akonadi-google" package before I could update properly, think it clashed with new version of Kontact.
        I think Kontact 4.9.1 has the Google function built in, Google calendar still works OK in Kontact with akonadi-google removed.
        Using Kubuntu 17.10 64Bit

Comment

I upgraded to KDE 4.9.1 today on both my desk and laptops. It went quite smooth without any issues. all working well thus far.

Comment

It definetly fixed some bugs but one still exists. If you de select the menu bar in dolphin you do not receive the cog on the right hand side.

Comment

Oh wow I just recognized the control button. Okay that is different. I like the old way better.

Comment

Broke my system After login I get a blank screen with my mouse pointer. Tried ppa-purge, but that has so far failed. Any ideas??

Comment

ppa-purge was not a good idea kde is a little to complex to uninstall that way.

try
                  sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

Comment

Originally posted by blackpaw View Post
                    ppa-purge was not a good idea kde is a little to complex to uninstall that way.

try
                    sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
                    I retried ppa-purge and got it working again. It didnt work the first time because my /var partition was full and the system couldnt log anything. Cleaned it up a bit, uncommented backports ppa in sources, updated, and then ran it again. Works perfectly.

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

yes ,,,,yes it is , runing KDE-4.9.1 on Kubuntu-12.04 now

VINNY
                        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                        16GB RAM
                        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                        X