This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sqlite3 install problem

I'm trying to get the Calligra Suite running so I can look at the Kexi database interface, which uses sqlite3 as its default database engine.

Part way through the compile of the Calligra source (my only option, to get the latest version), I'm told that I have sqlite3 ver. 3.7.9 installed, and ver. 3.7.12 is recommended. I was unable to locate that version, but found ver. 3.7.14 source, and compiled it, following instructions here. I'm no whiz at compiling stuff, but have done it before. I watched the command line output carefully and didn't see any indications of problems.

But when I test the installation, here's what happens:

tomc@LDT:~/software_archive$ sqlite3
    SQLite header and source version mismatch
    2011-11-01 00:52:41 c7c6050ef060877ebe77b41d959e9df13f8c9b5e
    2012-09-03 15:42:36 c0d89d4a9752922f9e367362366efde4f1b06f2a
    tomc@LDT:~/software_archive$

I'm completed unable to interpret this, much less know what to do about it. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Thanks, in advance!

Suggestion, possibly worth as much as 2 cents:

I think 'sqlite3' is command line interface to sqlite, not the thing itself. Have you also installed/compiled the latest libsqlite3-0?

And/or do any other version of sqlite3 / libsqlite* exist somewhere else in the PATH? I think one of the ideas of sqlite is that apps can embed it, rather than relying on it being installed separately. This might mean multiple occurrences of it.
    Last edited by SecretCode; Sep 15, 2012, 03:49 PM.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Secretcode: I believe you found my problem. Out of habit I was thinking of it like other database engines I use - namely that I could fire it up and look at it - directly. But as you point out that's not quite how it's set up to be used.

Out of a need to get on down the road, I've abandoned the attempt to get Calligra running from source and installed it from the packages - the most current version is there, anyway. Then, upon look it, it has to have the most awful default fonts I've ever seen. And I had other problems. Closing the door in this one.

Comment

Working...
      X