Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can not install libexttextcat-data. Why?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can not install libexttextcat-data. Why?

Hello

I was told, that new upgrades are waiting, so I went to the console and did exactly this. However, I got the message that the file libexttextcat-data will not be installed.

By checking with Synaptic I got the following description for «libexttextcat»:

Libtextcat is a library with functions that implement the classification
    technic described in Cavnar & Trenkle, "N-Gram-Based Text Categorization".
    It was primarily developed for language guessing, a task on which it is known
    to perform with near-perfect accuracy.
    The problem is probably that the file «libtextcat» is in the repos version 3.2.0-1, whereas the upgrade wants to use libtextcat version 3.3.1-2.
    If I would update with Synaptic I could do it, but woud loose OpenOffice, which is certainly not an option.

Are there any suggetions? Like
    · deleting libtextcat and libtextcat-data
    · doing nothing and waiting for the upgrade of the libtextcat
    · any other suggestion

Thnks for your contributions.
    Last edited by Arran; Sep 06, 2012, 08:18 AM.
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Do you have some special repository enabled?
    Because I have 3.2.0-1 installed and there seems no update available.

I do have the backports enabled.

Comment

I also had this issue when I had the LibreOffice ppa enabled. I purged that and went back to the LibreOffice from the official repository and all is OK for me now.

Paul

Comment

Thanks for your your responses. Yes, I have such a ppa, due to the need to have LO 3.6. (Sorry, when I wrote in my opening Post OpenOffice.)

So, I think I can wait with this update until the problem solves itself.

Or are there any better solutions, but not the one «go back to 3.5.x»?
        I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

The only other thing I can think of is to download LO from the LO website. You would need to uninstall Kubuntu's LO first with the command, "sudo apt-get autoremove libreoffice*". However, this version doesn't work well with the oxygen-gtk. You could try QtCurve. You will need the Gtk2 and 3 packages for QtCurve.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Up to now I have found no adverse effects with LibreOffice, so I leave everything as it is.

Comment

Working...
            X