This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmix issues with microphone in 12.04

I am currently using kubuntu 10.04 on an HP-G62 and initially had problems with Kmix seeing the microphone. Eventually there came an update that fixed things. It was called 'linux-backports-modules-alsa'. This was updated each time there was a kernel update. Now I want to install Kubuntu 12.04 and have reverted to the original problem and have no controls for the microphone. Neither are there any linux-backport updates that I can find.

Has anyone had similar issues, and does anyone know how to fix this problem

Thank you,
    Monon

open up alsamixer in terminal. then you can scroll left or right with arrow keys, activate the ones with M, use the tab key to cycle through playback, capture, or all. If you see your mixer capture and mix, then its pretty easy getting your mic to work. I uninstalled pulseaudio to get mines work and it works fine. There are a few bugs I can point out but if you want to post your finding, I can help you along the way.

Comment

Cresho, thank you for your reply. I can see all my devices in Alsamixer. It is just kmix that does not work for the microphone. Kmix 4.1 with kde 4.8.4 is what came with 12.04. It may be a version problem. I tried netrunner linux not long ago and kmix worked well. I am not sure what the version was though. Also, i do not have pulseaudio installed.

Monon

Comment

First off, I use Kmix 4.1 what you should do first is open up kmix. Then settings->cofigure kmix disable "restore volumes on login". This fixes any changes you make which resets to default on certain cards.

First thing you want to do is add your soundcard (select all channels or you can setupp 2 tabs with one playback and one record). click on the folder with the plus sign under file, look for your sound card and select it. then hit the soundcard tab you want to configure and then click on settings->configure channels-> then you can toss the channels you want int the the visible channel slot. click ok and now you have the channels you want to select.

Comment

I am not having a great deal of luck. I do not have a 'Configure Channels' option under Settings. I don't understand how to do, 'First thing you want to do is add your soundcard (select all channels or you can setupp 2 tabs with one playback and one record). click on the folder with the plus sign under file, look for your sound card and select it.' Does this happen in kmix? I don't know how to add a soundcard in kmix, and I don't see any folder with a plus sign under a file.

I may have mentioned this before, but I can get netrunner linux to work correctly. If you don't know netrunner is distributed by the same company who now sponsers KDE

Thanks again
          Last edited by monon; Aug 29, 2012, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X