• Time
  • Show
Clear All

plasma-widget-stackfolder issues

I treid installing plasma-widget-stackfolder from:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yunnxx/kubuntu
    That didn't go well. It throws a message:
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/plasma-applet-stackfolderk_0.2.1.21.7precise-1ubuntu1_all.deb: Versuch, »/usr/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/stackfolder/contents/ui/ScrollBar.qml« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket plasma-widget-stackfolder 0.2~git41542d79~precise~ppa2 ist
    When i do:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    ......Ersatz für plasma-applet-stackfolderk wird entpackt ...
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von /var/cache/apt/archives/plasma-applet-stackfolderk_0.2.1.21.7precise-1ubuntu1_all.deb (--unpack):
    Versuch, »/usr/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/stackfolder/contents/ui/ScrollBar.qml« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket plasma-widget-stackfolder 0.2~git41542d79~precise~ppa2 ist
    dpkg-deb: Fehler: Unterprozess einfügen wurde durch Signal (Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)) getötet
    mv: Aufruf von stat für »/usr/lib/kde4/plasma_applet_stackfolder.so“ nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    dpkg: Fehler beim Aufräumen:
    Unterprozess neues post-removal-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/plasma-applet-stackfolderk_0.2.1.21.7precise-1ubuntu1_all.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    Just for fun I tried:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install -f
    Nada.

Now I do:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge plasma-widget-stackfolder
    This throws:
    dpkg: Warnung: Dateilisten-Datei des Paketes »plasma-applet-stackfolderk« fehlt, es wird angenommen,
    dass das Paket derzeit keine Dateien installiert hat.
    (Lese Datenbank ... 422687 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
    Vorbereitung zum Ersetzen von plasma-applet-stackfolderk 0.2.1.21.7precise-1ubuntu1 (durch .../plasma-applet-stackfolderk_0.2.1.21.7precise-1ubuntu1_all.deb) ...
    Ersatz für plasma-applet-stackfolderk wird entpackt ...
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von /var/cache/apt/archives/plasma-applet-stackfolderk_0.2.1.21.7precise-1ubuntu1_all.deb (--unpack):
    Versuch, »/usr/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/stackfolder/contents/ui/ScrollBar.qml« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket plasma-widget-stackfolder 0.2~git41542d79~precise~ppa2 ist
    dpkg-deb: Fehler: Unterprozess einfügen wurde durch Signal (Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)) getötet
    mv: Aufruf von stat für »/usr/lib/kde4/plasma_applet_stackfolder.so“ nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    /var/cache/apt/archives/plasma-applet-stackfolderk_0.2.1.21.7precise-1ubuntu1_all.deb
    This:
    dpkg: Warnung: Dateilisten-Datei des Paketes »plasma-applet-stackfolderk« fehlt, es wird angenommen,
    basicly means that some Datalist-file is missing.

So, I can't install, remove stackfolder. Which sucks because that is also blocking my upgrading as well.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

All is said in this:
    Code:
    E:  /var/cache/apt/archives/plasma-applet-stackfolderk_0.2.1.21.7precise-1ubuntu1_all.deb:  Versuch,  »/usr/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/stackfolder/contents/ui/ScrollBar.qml«  zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket plasma-widget-stackfolder  0.2~git41542d79~precise~ppa2 ist
    Try removing plasma-widget-stackfolder, and then install plasma-applet-stackfolderk
    EDIT:
    Well, i should read a bit better :mad:

Try with
    Code:
    [FONT=courier new]# dpkg -P [/FONT][FONT=courier new]plasma-widget-stackfolder plasma-applet-stackfolder[/FONT]
    Also, check status of poth packages:
    Code:
    [FONT=courier new][/FONT]dpkg -s [FONT=courier new]plasma-applet-stackfolder[/FONT] | grep Status
    Code:
    [FONT=courier new][/FONT]dpkg -s plasma-widget-stackfolder | grep Status
    Last edited by sumski; Aug 26, 2012, 10:09 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I would not...

I would not try to install the plasma-applet-stackfolderk

ppa:yunnxx/kubuntu
      The https://launchpad.net/~yunnxx -> https://launchpad.net/~yunnxx/+archive/kubuntu has the package plasma-applet-stackfolderk.

When unpacking the plasma-applet-stackfolderk_0.2.1.21.7precise-1ubuntu1_all:
      (The package type "all" is reserved to the architecture-independent packages - scripts etc. not binaries).

- There are klook binaries (are these for the 32 or 64 bit?) + qml files
      The Klook copyright file:
      This package was debianized by the alien program by converting
      a binary .rpm package...
      - stackfolder libraries (bin - are these for the 32 or 64 bit?) + qml files
      The plasma-applet-stackfolder copyright file:
      This package was debianized by the alien program by converting
      a binary .rpm package...
      - plasma-applet-stackfolderk doc file
      The plasma-applet-stackfolderk copyright file:
      Upstream-Name: gnome-shell-extensions-slingshotlauncher

Looking the sources:

The sources of the (yunnxx/kubuntu) plasma-applet-stackfolderk have pre-compiled binaries inside. The Launchpad PPA: "Personal Package Archives (PPA) allow you to upload Ubuntu source packages to be built."

StackFolder KDE

The sources are available from the KDE playground: https://projects.kde.org/projects/pl...se/stackfolder .
      Code:
      git clone git://anongit.kde.org/stackfolder
      The Launchpad search is finding: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas?n...et-stackfolder

...It throws a message...

Both packages have same components: »/usr/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/stackfolder/contents/ui/ScrollBar.qml». The package manager can't decide what to do.

As "sumski" suggests you could try to solve the situation with the dpkg:

man dpkg / dpkg --help

-P|--purge

purge The package is selected to be purged (i.e. we want to remove everything from system directories, even
      configuration files).
      Last edited by OneLine; Aug 26, 2012, 11:59 AM.
      Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
      - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Originally posted by OneLine View Post
        I would not try to install the plasma-applet-stackfolderk

The https://launchpad.net/~yunnxx -> https://launchpad.net/~yunnxx/+archive/kubuntu has the package plasma-applet-stackfolderk.

When unpacking the plasma-applet-stackfolderk_0.2.1.21.7precise-1ubuntu1_all:
        (The package type "all" is reserved to the architecture-independent packages - scripts etc. not binaries).

Looking the sources:

The sources of the (yunnxx/kubuntu) plasma-applet-stackfolderk have pre-compiled binaries inside. The Launchpad PPA: "Personal Package Archives (PPA) allow you to upload Ubuntu source packages to be built."

StackFolder KDE

The sources are available from the KDE playground: https://projects.kde.org/projects/pl...se/stackfolder .
        Code:
        git clone git://anongit.kde.org/stackfolder
        The Launchpad search is finding: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas?n...et-stackfolder
        Good find OneLine!
        Contents of source package!

You should definitely avoid this PPA
        sigpic

Comment

Hey Guys here are the results:
          sudo dpkg -P plasma-widget-stackfolder plasma-applet-stackfolder
          dpkg: Warnung: there's no installed package matching plasma-applet-stackfolder
          (Lese Datenbank ...
          (Lese Datenbank ... 422686 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
          Entfernen von plasma-widget-stackfolder ...

sudo dpkg -s plasma-applet-stackfolder | grep Status
          Paket »plasma-applet-stackfolder« ist nicht installiert und es ist keine Info verfügbar.
          Verwenden Sie dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) zum Untersuchen von Archiven
          und dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) zum Auflisten ihres Inhalts.

sudo dpkg -s plasma-widget-stackfolder | grep Status
          Paket »plasma-widget-stackfolder« ist nicht installiert und es ist keine Info verfügbar.
          Verwenden Sie dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) zum Untersuchen von Archiven
          und dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) zum Auflisten ihres Inhalts.
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

If i read correctly 'Entfernen von plasma-widget-stackfolder ...', you have removed problematic package. And, according to last 2 commands you have 0 stackfolder packages installed.
            I would recommend:
            a) https://launchpad.net/~samrog131/+archive/ppa (me thinks this is the best KDE/Kubuntu PPA)
            b) compile it from source
            sigpic

Comment

i read correctly 'Entfernen von plasma-widget-stackfolder ...', you have removed problematic package.
              It would seem so. Then why does it still show up in my synaptic as upgradable?

And:
              Code:
              sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
              Die folgenden Pakete werden aktualisiert (Upgrade):
              oxygen-cursor-theme plasma-applet-stackfolderk
              2 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
              1 nicht vollständig installiert oder entfernt.
              1 nicht vollständig installiert oder entfernt = 1 package was not fully installed or removed

Then after "J"
              Versuch, »/usr/share/klook/ControlPanel.qml« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket klook 0.1~git9b1a3d41~precise~ppa2 ist
              Vorbereitung zum Ersetzen von oxygen-cursor-theme 0.0.2010-05-10-kde4.4.3-1ubuntu1 (durch .../oxygen-cursor-theme_0.0.2012-06-kde4.8-2ubuntu2~precise1~ppa1_all.deb) ...
              Ersatz für oxygen-cursor-theme wird entpackt ...
              I tried reinstalling it. Nada. I tried install -f again. still nada.

What am I missing.
              I just want to remove it completely. Can I just delete this manually somehow?
              This is bugging me very much.

Edit: I think I solved this.
              I searched for stackfolder in synaptic and also saw klook. I removed that and the was able to update stackfolder applet. Then removed it. Although It threw an error, but it doesn't show as installed.

Ran dist-upgrade again and it comes back clean.
              Last edited by Fintan; Aug 26, 2012, 09:49 PM.
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
              X