This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clean up akonadi!

is there any way to safely clean up the /home/henge/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data/ folder?
    having googled it, opinions seem to differ as to whether the entire folder (currently nearly 3gb in size) can safely be deleted.
    cheers!

Do the files in that folder constitute the only copies of your emails? Or is everything also stored on an IMAP server someplace?

Comment

i have two accounts active through kmail, gmail and a university account accessed through IMAP, so the simple answer is yes.

Comment

Then you should be able to delete everything in ~/.local/share/akonadi. Do it outside KDE, then log in and restart Kmail. Allow Akonadi to recreate the MySQL database and re-download all your email. I've done this before.

But save a copy of the folder first, just in case

Comment

worked! akonadi folder is now just over 1gb in size.
          thanks for the help and advice.

Comment

Cleaning up akonadi - official instructions

The proper procedure for wiping all of akonadi is described at ... see next post, this forum won't let me post a link in my first post.

Warning: with IMAP this would lose any local changes that haven't been uploaded to the server yet.
            But to sort out a broken setup (e.g. due to first testing akonadi with a very old version of it), it can be useful, to "start from scratch". I used this to solve a "PimItemFlagRelation: duplicate entry" error message when syncing the inbox, still present after upgrading 4.10 -> 4.12. Better code but bad DB -> DB cleanup needed.

Comment

The proper procedure for wiping all of akonadi is described at http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdepim...migration.html.

Comment

Working...
              X